Disney Park Guide: Pages 30 & 31

Pages 32 & 33 are all about Lake Buena Vista, which opened in 1975 as a shopping village that featured quaint little shops like a wine cellar, a tobacco shop, a pet store, a pharmacy, some antique stores and a few candle kiosks. Who knew that with some additions and expansion over the years it would eventually become Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island?!

My family didn't stroll through Lake Buena Vista that year, and reading the descriptions I doubt I would've enjoyed it very much. "For the man who demands the finest in fashion...Sir Edward's Haberdasher." Oh yeah, what a blast that would've been. The Lake Buena Vista Club was some sort of golf club. Apparently, this course is still open but I didn't go to Disney to golf then, and I don't go there to golf now.

No comments:

Post a Comment